Legacy forms of access control are typically administered by onsite server based access control solutions. These are locally based servers that must be housed and managed on premises.
Cloud-based Access Control allows you to remotely manage your facility access. This removes the need for onsite servers and dedicated IT resources, which is often either not considered or discounted when evaluating the total cost of implementing a new Access Control system. Information is then typically stored by a third-party provider (IE - AWS, Azure etc.). That information can be accessed remotely via the hosted Access Control Service.
Utilizing the cloud enables you to securely access and manage access data, logs and analytics from any personal device that is connected to the internet (computer, mobile, tablet). Cloud-based access control systems provide benefits such as:
- Scalability with limitless number of users and access points at minimal cost
- Highly customizable solutions
- Remote troubleshooting
- Simplified user enrollment with digital streamlining of administration processes
- Minimal time spent on system administration
- Low cost of maintaining the infrastructure
- Nimbler for ongoing product development
For more information check out our blog on cloud-based Access Control Systems https://activewitness.com/blog/